Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Desperation can cause you to Sing

Many years ago I read a book by Chuck Swindoll entitled "Stones of Remembrance", which discusses and meditates on the significance of building "stones of remembrance" to recall what God has done in our lives.  On this new journey, I began journaling so I could see and remember what God is doing.

Excerpts from my journal this month:

August 15, 2017

I've been reading a book entitled "The 23rd Psalm for the 21st Century, a Jewish shepherds story" by Lon Solomon.  I love so much about this book!  God is reminding me that this is just another valley.
"God has seen every crisis and is aware of every need we will ever have - and he has already been through the mesas of our life making provision for them all."

And it reminds me of a Steve Green song:

Hidden valleys produce a life song
Hidden valleys will make a heart strong
Desperation can cause you to sing
Hidden valleys turn shepherds to kings.


August 17, 2017


Psalm 23:5  "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies."

Cried and cried but seeing the fingerprints of God again.    Today, God, as my shepherd went before me and prepared an open appointment at 8 am this morning. God prepared a table for me in the tunnel of an MRI. He quieted my should with calm and truth (and a xanax). 



August 19, 2017

Continuing to lay stones of remembrance as I marvel that God goes before me as my shepherd. 
Holding my child in my arms as he cries uncontrollably over the unknown things in his mamas diagnosis.  God is their shepherd too.   I need to trust that God also has my boys in his care. That his plan and purposes were established before they were mine and will remain long after I am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment